Week One – Nothing short of a struggle

I started the week dreading the hours I have to spend in the gym and the idea of resisting all the temptations that would come my way. 😰😰

I am not a foodie however I do enjoy the occasional “Char Kuey Teow” and “Nasi Goreng Kambing”. Unfortunately, they are really unhealthy and deep down inside, I know I have to say NO – which is never easy. The truth is, we should eat to live, but many of us live to eat, myself included. There are so many food options in Malaysia from the casual evening treats we find by the roadsides to mouth watering cuisines at high end restaurants. Birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, weddings, and many other events are centered around food and drinks. When you are out having a good time with your friends, you tend to eat, even when you may not be all that hungry. Not forgetting the extra calories we consume drinking multi coloured cocktails!

So to try and stay within my diet plan, I attempted to meal prep my weekday meals. Thank god for the brilliant concept of meal prep! I definitely find it easier to go on a diet when I’ve cooked my weekly meals in advance. After all, I’ve spent money on groceries and a good hour cooking. So why would I let it go to waste.

And yes, it only took me 60 minutes to cook and pack my lunch for the week! And it’s way cheaper than eating out everyday. So, for all you busy folks out there, check out these links for quick and easy meal prep recipes.

Now, meal prep and dieting covers 80% of my weight loss plan. The remaining 20% happens to be exercise – I cringe at the mention of this word. No one likes to put themselves through hours of torture. But at the back of my head, I know there isn’t much of a choice.

The sight of the sofa and TV would have enticed me to stay home. So I thought it would be better to get my workout out of the way and head to the gym right after work. Based on how my week was, my plan definitely worked out! I completed 4 hours of cardio training. Sadly, I was 3 hours short of my initial target and my weigh ins’ weren’t as encouraging. I was rather disappointed but its only week one. It is silly to expect drastic changes in just 7 days. I have many weeks’ ahead of me and I am sure I would do better (fingers crossed 😥). I am just thrilled I accomplished something in my first week.

This week was nothing short of a struggle. I had to make a lot of changes to my lifestyle and routine. Though I am sure it is for the best, I am not going to lie and tell you it was easy. All I know is, if I don’t start now, I might miss the chance of ever doing it.

“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” Newt Gingrich

2 Comments Add yours

  1. Sarah says:

    Thank you so much for sharing our article! We hope you enjoy some of the recipes!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. sasikala87 says:

      You are most welcome! I love your recipes – they are so simple and easy.


Leave a Reply to sasikala87 Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s